Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Hartmenes

80's Nightmare on Elm St. Canadian Screen Stars Tag

Post by Hartmenes »

Recently received this and was wondering if a Canadian variant with no back hit exists or if this is no good!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 80's Nightmare on Elm St. Canadian Screen Stars Tag

Post by jimmyj »

I couldn't find any others with no back hit, across all the marketplaces and even WorthPoint.

That said, the print checks out after a quick analysis.

And logically, counterfeiters wouldn't bother duplicating a Canadian based SS tag. There's no doubt it's real. I would chalk this up as a misprint, they could have forgotten the back.

But also make sure the measurements check out for an SS - L - as there are some convincing fakes of this print I believe, on a Thai repro brand, with the Hanes inspired tag.

I'm trying to track down an example.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Here it is, wish we had a bigger photo but looks decent from these images:

real-or-repro-f8/freddy-kruger-repro-ni ... -t190.html
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Hartmenes

Post by Hartmenes »

Upon further review with mine that does have the back hit I was convinced it was not real. There is a layer of red screen printing under the (what should be brighter) orange face of Freddy representing the blood from under the flesh he has showing and it is absent from here! Along with some other inconsistent ability to stretch the graphic without crack made it a little more apparent the print is not of age :cry: I needed one with a little more length!!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Wait so you think your other one is fake? Can you post a shot of the front print?
Jimmy J