Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
dissolveme

3D Emblem CMJ Branding 1996 Daytona Bike Week

Post by dissolveme »

Hi! picked this one up recently and couldn’t find anything with a similar print online, and the CMJ branding threw me off a bit so just wanted to get some other opinions :)
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 3D Emblem CMJ Branding 1996 Daytona Bike Week

Post by jimmyj »

Interesting one. At some point in the 1990s 3D Emblem became CMJ. The rumors I heard are that the company was struggling financially, or they were trying to dodge some income tax issues. Assuming in this instance they still had old 3d Branded blanks.

I've attached one of the CMJ tags.

You get a bonus on this one because you can list it on eBay with 3D Emblem in the title, and get more eyes on it. But I don't think it will go for a ton.
Attachments
CMJ t-shirt tag
CMJ t-shirt tag
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

dissolveme

Re: 3D Emblem CMJ Branding 1996 Daytona Bike Week

Post by dissolveme »

jimmyj wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:42 pm Interesting one. At some point in the 1990s 3D Emblem became CMJ. The rumors I heard are that the company was struggling financially, or they were trying to dodge some income tax issues. Assuming in this instance they still had old 3d Branded blanks.

I've attached one of the CMJ tags.

You get a bonus on this one because you can list it on eBay with 3D Emblem in the title, and get more eyes on it. But I don't think it will go for a ton.
wow thanks for the history lesson! i’m more of a collector than a reseller but i grabbed this as soon as i saw the tag for a relative steal (i’m in the UK) as i know they can go for a fair bit of a cash. might hang on to this though as i love the back hit 😎