Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Yuuta12

Bruce Lee Giant Tag Legit Check Help

Post by Yuuta12 »

I recently thrifted this tee but wasn’t sure about the Giant tag. I’ve always seen this particular Giant tag sewn in afterwards. I also noticed there wasn’t the usual white tag that indicates the size. If anyone has any advice, it’s greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Legit Check Help

Post by jimmyj »

Can you please show a closeup of the copyright text?

I haven't seen a fake one of these YET, (Giant with web address) - sometimes people get hung up on whether or not the url is in upper/lower case, both are valid.

BUT I don't remember if I've ever seen the back of one of these tags.

Also what's the size tag you mentioned?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Yuuta12

Re: Legit Check Help

Post by Yuuta12 »

Thank you for the reply!
The white tag I was talking about is the tag that usually is sewn together with the Giant tag of this era. I attached a photo of another tee with the same type of Giant tag. At first I thought the white tag was cut or ripped out but it seems to not have been sewn in at all.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bruce Lee Giant Tag Legit Check Help

Post by jimmyj »

Ahh I see what you mean. Well, Bruce Lee t-shirts were licensed by Giant, so that checks out.

The print looks okay when I compare to others.

This isn't a particularly valuable tee - so that is a factor too, go through all this trouble for a t-shirt that isn't super sought after (BTW it's awesome and should be sought after)

And agree - usually when there is no size on the Giant portion, that's because they expected there to be a size tag. And your tag does look off center, but it also seems like A LOT of trouble to go through for a shirt that's not fetching more than $50.

I did however find one with the tag not sewn in too.

And I did find one with the lowercase url that IS sewn on top.
Attachments
Wiz Khalifa in Bruce Lee Shirt
Wiz Khalifa in Bruce Lee Shirt
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Yuuta12

Re: Bruce Lee Giant Tag Legit Check Help

Post by Yuuta12 »

Thanks Jimmy!
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out🙏
There’s always so many factors to think of with vintage tees. But I guess that’s what makes it interesting, haha

PS:Didn’t know Wiz Khalifa had worn this tee😂