Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Nicola

indiana jones the temple of forbidden eye

Post by Nicola »

Today, during my rounds of online second-hand markets, I bought this shirt. I had already seen a version with the Disneyland Paris label. Finding it with a different label made me suspicious, so I did some research.

It turns out that the one I bought is the original Disney version from the American Indiana Jones attraction, much earlier than those with the Disneyland Paris label.What do you think would be a fair selling price, considering that almost all the ones available on the market are more recent?

The shirt is in good condition for its age, and both the fabric and label have no major defects.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: indiana jones the temple of forbidden eye

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah, I don't see anyone faking that shirt at the moment.

Hmmmm I don't think that particular tee has become so collectible that this would affect the value either way? But you could pitch it as being an earlier version.

This forbidden design seems to go in the $75-125 range, based on past sales.

I had no clue they were fetching that much. I collect Indy tees, and recently bought ones from the 80s films for less than that...doesn't make sense to me!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)