Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
spinate

Sonic Youth - Washing Machine Longsleeve promo

Post by spinate »

I have a shirt that somebody wants to trade for and one of the shirts offered was this Sonic Youth Washing Machine-era promo longsleeve.

With the Geffen logo on the back I can assume it’s legit, but no tag and no other reference to base this off of, especially date of print + value, not sure if it’s worth trading for straight up.

Double stitch collar and waist.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Sonic Youth - Washing Machine Longsleeve promo

Post by jimmyj »

Going to reach out to my SY expert on this one...
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

He replied, and it's a modern creation/bootleg.

It depends on what you're trading, but if you're looking for something from that era, I would avoid.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

spinate

Post by spinate »

jimmyj wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:52 am He replied, and it's a modern creation/bootleg.

It depends on what you're trading, but if you're looking for something from that era, I would avoid.
Thank you for the insight.

He wants to trade for one of my NIN tour tees (the off-white shirt with the moths and backprint).

He asked for $200 if it wasn't a trade, so good to know I can pass on this.

Love to both of you.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yes be safe and pass. This info is coming from a curator of SY.
Jimmy J