Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
jordanmj2347

Alice in Chains Dirt Legit Check

Post by jordanmj2347 »

Hello about to purchase and was wondering if all the sellers photos and the shirt overall looks good. Thank you
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Alice in Chains Dirt Legit Check

Post by jimmyj »

Sooo many of these prints turn out to be fake. Gut says this is a modern reprint with a vtg tag installed. What's the pit to pit?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jordanmj2347

Post by jordanmj2347 »

jimmyj wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 am Sooo many of these prints turn out to be fake. Gut says this is a modern reprint with a vtg tag installed. What's the pit to pit?
Pit to Pit is 21 inches, Length is 26 inches

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Be safe and don't buy it.

First of all, the Top-T Hanes tag on this is super obscure, so I'm wondering if it's a new gen of a fake tag. I've attached the closest thing I can find to it.

For reference, the chest on the t-shirt attached to is 20.5" - but it's an XL.

Yours is 21" for an L. So that sets off alarm bells.

It also looks like the tag has been installed as I follow the stitching along the hemline.

Can you send me a link to the listing?
Attachments
Rare hanes top-t blue bar tag
Rare hanes top-t blue bar tag
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Hold the phone, here's an exact match to the tag, the chest on the t-shirt it is attached to?

19".

So yeah, that oddball tag has been installed into a modern bootleg, there are tons of them floating around these days.
Attachments
hanes top-t tag blue bar version 2
hanes top-t tag blue bar version 2
Jimmy J

jordanmj2347

Post by jordanmj2347 »

jimmyj wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:36 pm Hold the phone, here's an exact match to the tag, the chest on the t-shirt it is attached to?

19".

So yeah, that oddball tag has been installed into a modern bootleg, there are tons of them floating around these days.
Okay good to know thank you, i’ll play it safe and pass on it! I was really interested in this one because of the faded out front graphic, I have only seen one other that’s like this but it is also on that Hanes Top-T tag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364176683999

Would it be safe to assume any graphic that looks like this would be a bootleg?

Original link

https://www.depop.com/products/gnarlyga ... e-in-c93f/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Interesting, just out of curiosity you could email them and ask the pit to pit.

Both have that effect and both on the exact same tag. Maybe some weird anomaly.

I haven't even looked into the print, but it doesn't look right. And one of the ways you can really differentiate these from fakes is that middle graphic.

My best guess is that someone purchased two of the modern repros, stressed the middle graphic because that area makes it obvious it's fake, swapped in the tags, and sold them through various channels, and these two separates ended up with them.

Here's the thing. Let's say I'm wrong and they are real. The problem is that when you go to sell them in the future, you'll get zero return for your money because of all the red flags on them—people will avoid them, so your investment goes up in smoke.

So play it safe!
Jimmy J