Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
CRAZYBUBBA

Elvis Love Me Tender Shirt

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I’d love to hear some opinions about the authenticity of this piece. Especially given the obvious fakes from the seller. I haven’t known the specific tee to be produced on a white Hanes blank so I’m suspicious.

https://ebay.us/SYbYzv
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Elvis Love Me Tender Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

WAIT... WHAT?! You are back!?

I'm scared to death of buying anything 1 color print from the 70s, and Thailand location doesn't exactly instill confidence, although, some of the world's top collectors are there and not everyone is selling fakes.

I sent this to max to take a look at all their listings.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Max thinks everything is suspect aside from a few of their listings.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Thanks!
And too bad.
Super cool Elvis print.

And this is still the best place to get info re vintage tees!
I’m not online as much as I used to be, but love this forum.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

By the way...I'm doing a piece soon on that 1950s Elvis t-shirt, I think you'll love it. In the one you posted on Defunkd you mentioned it was created by Tom Parker - do you remember where you got that information? Someone told us there's a photo of him wearing one, which seems weird given how big he was.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Oh awesome!
I don't have a reference for that but remember the fun fact because I'm a fan and we know he was merchandising elvis stuff asap in the 50s.

and I missed out on buying a variation of that 50s Elvis tee about a month ago (was lowballing the seller :P )

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah I've done a mega deep dive, even into the Allison band, some fascinating stuff.

I bought one about a month ago maybe it's the same one lol.

Different set of songs, no copyright.
Attachments
Elvis Love Me Tender Shirt
Jimmy J