Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
ironmack

Misfits Earth AD pushead T-Shirt

Post by ironmack »

Found this shirt on my uncle's closet and gave it to me. The shirt size is 23 width x 28.5 length.The Stitching is singles all over. It has a licensed to wild oats but no date on it.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Misfits pushead no date legit check

Post by jimmyj »

Is there a back print? I found another one with Oats licensing with an Oneita tag, that has no back print.

This is an oddball one, as I'm looking I'm seeing one licensed to Giant, one on a Brockum tag - one with a Giant tag that has Brockum licensing and others Wild Oats licensing, but none so far with an actual WO tag.

Total mixed bag.

It's 1990s. According to the earliest copyright date, 1990. But given the shift in who printed it and the licensees, and the fact that the chest is so roomy on your, probably a few years later?

WO did use Signal blanks.

Honestly, if you truly got this out of your uncle's closet, then there's nothing to worry about aside from the slutty nature of this particular tees licensing, and how it will throw people for a loop.

And like a good punk tee, it's beat up to perfection. That said, people might prefer one with a back print.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

ironmack

Re: Misfits Earth AD pushead T-Shirt

Post by ironmack »

No back print brother.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Misfits Earth AD pushead T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

I think you're aces on this one. A lot of different versions, people may prefer one with a backprint.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)