Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
PBthree

Re: 1994 Pink Floyd wish you were here

Post by PBthree »

Interesting!
The only differences I can tell vs the Floyd are: 1. The stitching, which is the opposite (double on the arms and single on lower hem) and 2. The fading looks more artificial, especially looking at the neck compared to the rest. Also the tee looks overall too new to be from the 90s.
What else?

The only thing that I still notice is that “Worldwide” on the tag, both have the second W not in line with the K above. All the legit Brockum tags I have seen have those in line. Anyways, for the Floyd I’ll send you the pics and ofc trust your final call (hopefully that’s a legit)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah speaking on the tags specifically, if you go through our database with Brockum Worldwides you'll notice that the size
The only thing that I still notice is that “Worldwide” on the tag, both have the second W not in line with the K above. All the legit Brockum tags I have seen have those in line. Anyways, for the Floyd I’ll send you the pics and ofc trust your final call (hopefully that’s a legit)
L or XL

There's always a break in the bottom of the L so it looks like this -----> L.

Or

XL.

On the MM its a solid line.

Also, WORLDWIDE on this MM is closer together. So gut says the physical tag is smaller and they had to compensate in a few ways. And yes, there are some alignment discrepancies as a result.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

BelowAverage

Post by BelowAverage »

I think you have a tag swap potentially. Tag looks good but the print quality is missing. From another listing I have the same graphic and theres a lit less detail in your print versus the original. Also the copyright date is 1994 when the originals say 1992 but that could be some other reason.ImageImage

tagsaremyamulets

Post by tagsaremyamulets »

The sweat stop is too flat and clean for how it is aged.

PBthree

Post by PBthree »

Hello!

Thanks so much for your help, this forum is actually amazing!
I finally got the tee here and I honestly doubt it’s legit (pics attached).
The print quality looks off, way too dark and missing background details.
I can still return it, what do you think?
Pit to pit is 25.5 and lenght is 29
Attachments
1994 Pink Floyd wish you were here

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah now that we see the details, return it.

25.5 chest? inches right? or is that a typo?

Can you see evidence around where the tag is that it's been sewn in?

And yeah here's how an original front should look:

https://www.defunkd.com/product/EP13328 ... here-1992/

also note the back print on that one. Poke around and see if the back on yours should be there, sometimes counterfeiters make creative choices.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)