Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
jordanmj2347

Metallica Enter Sandman Authentication Help

Post by jordanmj2347 »

Hello, been eyeing this metallica piece and honestly a little confused of what proper version of the tee would look like. Any advice or tips to things I should be looking out for would be greatly appreciated! I have noticed that some listings have very dark wrinkles on the face and lines of wear underneath the collar bone, are these fakes? (shirts 1 & 2). Some i’ve noticed have a more even wear and “spotted” look on graphic (shirt 4) and some a more cracking effect. Also some graphics of the face seem to have an elongated face / bigger forehead, does this matter? Thank you very much, apologies as i know this a lot of questions.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Metallica Enter Sandman Authentication Help

Post by jimmyj »

Great image layout here, cheers. So Number 1 & 2 are fake.

3&4 are real.

The fakes have less definition in the print, which accounts for the wrinkle situation.

#3 is a good bench mark for the print -

#4 is just #3 but it's been washed and worn and faded.

I didn't even need to look to closely at the prints, because you can see the fake Metallica tags - which are generally pretty damn good but they goofed on the C in Metallica.

https://www.defunkd.com/fake-tag-archive/#metallica-1
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jordanmj2347

Post by jordanmj2347 »

jimmyj wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:32 am Great image layout here, cheers. So Number 1 & 2 are fake.

3&4 are real.

The fakes have less definition in the print, which accounts for the wrinkle situation.

#3 is a good bench mark for the print -

#4 is just #3 but it's been washed and worn and faded.

I didn't even need to look to closely at the prints, because you can see the fake Metallica tags - which are generally pretty damn good but they goofed on the C in Metallica.

https://www.defunkd.com/fake-tag-archive/#metallica-1
Okay thank you, very good to know. After looking over the photos again I saw that the bottom hem of shirt number 4 is single stitch and the others are only single on the sleeves. I can’t seem to find other examples that are single stitch all around. Was there just fewer prints made on these single stitch all around shirts?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I haven't done a deep dive into the stitching variations, but after the shirt passes a tag and print check, you don't have much to worry about!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)