Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Saxonjulin

Sade love deluxe

Post by Saxonjulin »

Is this authentic?
Attachments
Sade love deluxe
Sade love deluxe
Sade love deluxe
Sade love deluxe
Sade love deluxe

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Sade love deluxe

Post by jimmyj »

No. New fake tag variation. The ones with that design don't have such a robust flame, they took a lot of creative liberties.

Where did you get this?

The print also looks quite bad.

I managed to find one sold in 2015 on a Giant by Anvil tag.
Attachments
real giant t-shirt tag
real giant t-shirt tag
Stormcrow_85151328890296.jpg (33.24 KiB) Viewed 85 times
real sade summer deluxe front print
real sade summer deluxe front print
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Saxonjulin

Post by Saxonjulin »

Won this in an auction with multiple bidders on eBay for $1,225. What are you looking for on the tag that makes you think it is fake?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

When I look at the past auctions there are a handful of these, one says boot.

Here's a side by side. I could have highlighted way more things, but focused on one letter, etc. But just look at the two flames....

Now, we always have to remember there are organic differences in genuine tags. So I went through all our archived Giant tags in this design, and couldn't find a single one that matches the oddities on yours.

See if you can find one in our database, let me know.

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/giant/
Attachments
Fake vs real Giant tag comparison
Fake vs real Giant tag comparison
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Saxonjulin

Post by Saxonjulin »

I reached out to the seller and he was shocked. He said this was his moms from the 90s and that he’ll take it back for a full refund though. He’s being very nice and transparent

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Well, see if you can find another Giant tag that matches that and let me know, always happy to retract if evidence pops up.

Search eBay for "vintage sade deluxe shirt" and check out all the results, and then the past sold listings -

here's one like yours:

ebay.com/itm/305630342862

with Boot in the title
Jimmy J

Saxonjulin

Post by Saxonjulin »

I saw that listing as well which is the reason I decided to legit check mine. I see now how fast that G curves and after doing more research on eBay I’ve seen the same thing you are telling me. This shirt may be real but most likely is not so I will be sending it back and looking for another one that leaves me with a better feeling. Thank you for your help! You really saved me on this one

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yes good call, if you're going to spend that much on a t-shirt make sure there are no questions about it, as those will inevitably come back to haunt you should you ever try to sell in the future!
Jimmy J