Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
jwrski

1997 The Wings Of The Dove Breton Striped Movie Team Crew Shirt

Post by jwrski »

Hello!
I want to share with you recently found shirt.
I'm interested in your thoughts on whether this could be done for the crew while filming the movie. I am convinced of this by the literal title, the printed time of the film's release and the filming location. It was Venice, filming was done on gondolas as shown in photos. The fact that this is a gondolier's shirt, although more modern than the events in the film, is also an interesting and convincing coincidence.
Attachments
1997 The Wings Of The Dove  Breton Striped  Movie Team Crew Shirt
IMG_5342.jpeg (56.62 KiB) Viewed 186 times
IMG_5341.jpeg (98.67 KiB) Viewed 186 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1997 The Wings Of The Dove Breton Striped Movie Team Crew Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

So cool. I love items like this. You've totally nailed it; I can't see any other explanation for it. They got creative and printed themed shirts. It may not have much appeal to t-shirt collectors, but to film buffs and movie collectors. Film is well rated too, but I have never heard of it prior, had you?

Thanks for sharing!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

jwrski

Re: 1997 The Wings Of The Dove Breton Striped Movie Team Crew Shirt

Post by jwrski »

No, but the movie seems interesting and the cast is pretty good too! Definitely plan to watch it!