Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
margareetta

Adidas vintage olympic Helsinki Stockholm sweater

Post by margareetta »

Hi,

I have an intresting sweater. It is the olympic sweater but one detail is missing. That is the "Stockholm" text from the front. Still the other details and quality of the sweater is exactly same as the "original". I was thinking could this possible be an sample as one of the tags is cut off (under the sizelabel)? This one is made in Hong Kong. What are you thinking? Thanks :)
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Adidas vintage olympic Helsinki Stockholm sweater

Post by jimmyj »

This is such an intricate piece to repro, gut says you're fine and it's just a printing error. That white patch alone has to go through multiple steps - printing the horse and words, then have the rings embroidered, custom cut of the shape of the fabric, then have that piece sewn in the sweatshirt.

I did find another one without the rings - those look to be embroidered, but it doesn't look like they were removed.
Attachments
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)