Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
gianni3219

80s Jim Morrison Is Dead Story News Print T-Shirt

Post by gianni3219 »

I’ve got the one sitting super high on ebay right now. I really have no clue what it’s worth but even at my price it gets a good amount of traction. I’ve only seen it elsewhere once on IG and dont think it was for sale. It’s thin as paper. Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 80s Jim Morrison

Post by jimmyj »

I did find one on another side claiming it to be a Fifth Column tee, but not sure it is.

Can you do a close up of the copyright? What does it say?

Found another one where it claims to be on an ACME tag, but doesn't seem to have a back print, or at least they don't show it.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

gianni3219

Re: 80s Jim Morrison Is Dead Story News Print T-Shirt

Post by gianni3219 »

I attached a photo. It’s not easy to read I honestly don’t have a clue what it says.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

ha the one i found isn't much better but I can make out 1988 and licensed to acme, artists name above but hard to read
Attachments
1988 copyright on jim morrison t-shirt
1988 copyright on jim morrison t-shirt
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

gianni3219

Post by gianni3219 »

I see that now. So I believe the one you’re cross referencing is on Etsy. Though we confirmed it’s an 88 ACME, I have a hard time believing that theirs is legitimate. The prints are smaller, and seem to have worse quality. It may be me favoring mine, what do you think?

gianni3219

Post by gianni3219 »

And of course the greatest difference. The tag, mine seems to be a bit more consistent with the shape of the ACME tag in 1988. Im not quite sure what the tag is on his.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

The other one I found is on Bidstitch. Both look fine to me.
Jimmy J