Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Meisadam2114

Bootleg rap tee Mase Puff Daddy

Post by Meisadam2114 »

Trying to figure out if one or both of these are legit.

Appears to be an authentic bay club tag.
Shirts are in almost unworn condition. Mostly single stitched but I’ve seen both double and single stitched bay club shirts before. The Single stiching is the Mase shirt and the double stitching is the puff daddy. Appears to be the same as other similar graphics sold. It just seems too good to be true because of the condition.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bootleg rap tee Mase Puff Daddy

Post by jimmyj »

They both look great. Good score. Where did you get them? Yes, there's varying stitching on Bay Club tees.

The tag doesn't match any fake currently in our database.

That said, you might want to check for dry rot...
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Meisadam2114

Post by Meisadam2114 »

Thank you for the response. Found them at a goodwill. They were next to a vintage Hanes beefy tag tee for an Apollo theater tshirt.

I’ve had some people state these look like a modern boot? The tag and stitching just look legit. No dry rot. They look unworn and unwashed.

Meisadam2114

Post by Meisadam2114 »

Any other way to check for dry rot? Did the pull test and there is no tearing. No black shows up on my hands when I touch the shirt as well.

Thank you!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Look to me like two deadstock legit vintage Rap Tees (but bootlegs of that era) with proper Bay Club Tags.

This is the current known BC fake:

https://www.defunkd.com/fake-tag-archive/#bayclub-1

that said, I know there will be new versions coming soon, if not here already. But both of these tags on your tees check out.

If they aren't tearing, you're good, but I will still give them a soak in water just to neutralize any remaining sulfur. You could check their pH with a meter before rinsing them to see where they are at:

https://www.defunkd.com/blog/2015/09/15 ... r-t-shirt/
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)