Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
stevet22

My old Longsleeve Nirvana 1989 Vestibule T-Shirt

Post by stevet22 »

Hi,
I bought this Nirvana T-Shirt from OurPrice records in Peterborough UK winter 1989. I've never washed it and I've never ironed it. I wore it when I went to see them play at Sheffield Uni when they toured Nevermind. Obviously I know what I've said here is true but I was wondering if others are likely to believe me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The label has faded completely. Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: My old Longsleeve Nirvana T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Is the brand tag visible at all? I always think of these as early 1990s, but I have heard they date back to 1989.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

stevet22

Re: My old Longsleeve Nirvana 1989 Vestibule T-Shirt

Post by stevet22 »

Hi,
thanks very much for the reply. The tag is visible but totally blank now - I've added a photo. I bought it when I was on Christmas holidays from my first year at Uni which would have been December 1989. My brother had been to see them supporting Tad Doyle a few weeks earlier but I couldn't make it. I assumed that they'd unloaded their unsold tour merch to the record shop company - I have no idea if bands actually do that BTW.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Could be!

I believe you, but naysayers will ask why the tag is totally worn blank if it hasn't been washed.

I reached out to our Nirvana expert for comment, get back shortly!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

stevet22

Post by stevet22 »

That’s very kind of you, thanks. I agree it is odd that the label’s blank. It was my gig shirt so I used to sweat in it a lot. Nice. I haven’t worn it since the 90’s though.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think you could expect in the $500+ range. Even 1992 Vestibule tees get that. If it so happens to be earlier, then the price will only go up!

We're taking awesome tees on consignment if you're interested!
Jimmy J

stevet22

Post by stevet22 »

Thanks once again for the reply. I know for a fact that it is earlier - I've owned it since I was 18 which, considering I'm now 53, blows my mind slightly because in some ways it doesn't seem like that long ago. I'm not really sure what to do with it but I'm very grateful indeed for your advice.
Steve.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

If you want to sell and get top dollar:

https://www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt ... t-program/

or just stash it away for a rainy day!....or let your kids wear it...!
Jimmy J