Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
tuicerhao

Two Kurt Cobain Memorial T-Shirts Giant Tags Comparison

Post by tuicerhao »

Last month I bought two Cobain shirts, the font on the back is a small version. I saw a previous post that this shirt also has a large font version. And the two shirts I bought seem to be two different versions, although both are giant tags, one has single needle stitching and the other has double needle stitching. I want to know which one is real, or are they all real?(Sorry, my English is terrible, so I used Google Translate, if you don't understand anything, please let me know,Sincerely hope that the website can add Chinese in the future :lol:
Attachments
Kurt D Cobain (1967 to 1994)
Kurt D Cobain (1967 to 1994)
Giant by Tultex
Giant by Tultex
Giant By Tee Jays L
Giant By Tee Jays L
the sun is gone but I have a light
the sun is gone but I have a light

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: kurt cobain the end of music shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Can you please provide the pit-to-pit measurement in inches?

I can confidently say the Giant Tee Jays is not real, just based on the tag.

I am concerned with the other one too - I've been trying to find another example of a Giant tag where the XL is stacked under the T like this.

Anywho, I will double check, let me know the measurements of each.

Thanks
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

tuicerhao

Re: Two Kurt Cobain Memorial T-Shirts Giant Tags Comparison

Post by tuicerhao »

The tultex of giant tag was just washed yesterday and I put it in the dryer. The bust measurement before washing should be 18 inches.
Attachments
tee jays of giant
tee jays of giant
tee jays of giant
tee jays of giant
tultex of giant
tultex of giant
tultex of giant
tultex of giant

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Ok so your XL Giant Tultex is 18".

I'm using this to find other XL tags the same brand:

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/giant-by-tultex/

We recently added a quick drop down menu so you can see each tee's measurements without having to click off the page.

The XLs are generally 22+ inches.

Even the Ls are at least 20.

So how the heck is it only 18. And also has that bizarre XL placement.

If you have a moment, look through our bigger Giant database - that shows all types of giants - and see if you can find any with that XL anomaly, but more importantly, check and see if you can find any Jamaica variant ones, with a measurement of 18".

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/giant/
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

tuicerhao

Post by tuicerhao »

The shirt with the tee jays tag is confirmed to be a fake. Most of my friends think the other one is real. They have seen the same tultex of giant tag. I rechecked the stitching and print on the short sleeves and they match my other vintage shirts. If I find a picture of the same tultex of giant, I will let you know.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Please do. But it is also concerning that an XL would only be 18". So if the tag checks out and you find another one with that XL placement, it could mean the tag was installed.

Poke around and try to find another memorial on tee with a Giant Tultex Tag, I didn't look into it.
Jimmy J

tuicerhao

Post by tuicerhao »

Sorry, dude. My ruler isn't in inches, 60cm is about 23 inches,not 18 inches.....

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

OK now we're in business! SO yeah, that puts it more in the wheelhouse. Next mission would be to find other examples of that tag.

This is worthwhile legwork because if you ever go to sell it, people may question it's authenticity based on that oddball tag, even if the print matches.
Jimmy J