Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
CC11

Nirvana Vestibule

Post by CC11 »

I have this Nirvana Vestibule t-shirt that I've been told is likely to be from the European leg of the Bleach tour, I've had it for just over 20 years.
I'm aware that there are quite a few reprints and variations, but from the research I've done this seems to fit the description of the oldest version. The only thing missing is the tag, which is a shame. Apart from that, there's no damage or rips, just the expected fading on a nearly 40 year old t-shirt.

I know these are worth a fair amount these days, so a more accurate appraisal would be great.

Measurements as follows:

Pit to pit- 22 inches
Shoulder to arm hem- 7.5 inches
Opening- 10 inches
Shoulder/collar seam to bottom hem- 25.5 inches
Rear collar to bottom hem- 26 inches
Front collar to bottom hem- 24 inches

Hopefully the photos are enough to go by, can add more if needed.
Attachments
Nirvana Vestibule
Nirvana Vestibule
Nirvana Vestibule
Nirvana Vestibule
Nirvana Vestibule

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana Vestibule

Post by jimmyj »

What's the first photo of?

Where did you score it 20 years ago?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

CC11

Post by CC11 »

Took the photos a few months ago but I'm pretty sure it's the shoulder.

Unusual way of getting it but I bought a copy of the Blew EP CD from someone on eBay and was offered the t-shirt as the bloke didn't wear it anymore, so it's the best piece of CD packaging I've heard of!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

LOL that's a score indeed! That guy is probably crying himself to sleep.

I'm not sure if there's a way to tell it's exact origins but I'll reach out to an expert about it. Even boots of vestibule perform well.

Measurements suggest it was in XL - The tee is super boxy, which may bring the value down a bit.

Probably a $500+ piece?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

CC11

Post by CC11 »

Yeah I can imagine he's kicked himself a bit!
I've worn it a few times over the years, I wear large and it's about the right size on me.
I'll be interested in what the expert comes back with.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

He didn't respond :(
Jimmy J