Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
rosebudd

Red Hot Chili Peppers Madonna Zebra 1989

Post by rosebudd »

I'm not the original owner. But I think I've had this t for at least 20 plus years. Just (re)discovered it in my collection. Based on your feedback, I'm thinking I might put it up for sale. Let me know what you think...
Please, and thanks.

~Dave
Attachments
ohh ahh red hot chili peppers
ohh ahh red hot chili peppers

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers Madonna Zebra 1989

Post by jimmyj »

wowzers, nice one. I'm sure you saw we recently featured this t-shirt on our list, it brought in $1k.

https://www.defunkd.com/most-expensive- ... rchp-tees/

Would think the same for yours - size looks optimal - what tag is on it?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

rosebudd

Post by rosebudd »

The tag on the collar has long since been removed.
And without looking i'm ninety nine percent sure there's no tag on bottom inside seam.
And yes, I did see your recent list of top 10
t's. That's awesome news.
I saw there was one for sale on grailed for 1850 just yesterday but today when I try to pull it up. It says it's not available. I'm not sure if it actually sold or what, but regardless..I'm a super stoked.
So with that said I think I'll be looking at.
putting this up for sale. I don't have a lot of experience in this arena. I'm sure I can figure out, but if you have any advise or input please let me know....Thank you !. I really appreciate it!
I look forward to seeing what some of my other rediscovered T's might be worth so look forward to hearing feedback on those as well, cheers

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Awesome. You can always use our consignment program, check it out here - we'll get more eyes on it, for this tee you would keep 80% of the profits.

https://www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt ... t-program/

We're running a 20-auction lot of consignment items in two weeks, so you can get an idea of the promo that goes into it.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Backdoorvintage

Post by Backdoorvintage »

:twisted:
rosebudd wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:55 pm The tag on the collar has long since been removed.
And without looking i'm ninety nine percent sure there's no tag on bottom inside seam.
And yes, I did see your recent list of top 10
t's. That's awesome news.
I saw there was one for sale on grailed for 1850 just yesterday but today when I try to pull it up. It says it's not available. I'm not sure if it actually sold or what, but regardless..I'm a super stoked.
So with that said I think I'll be looking at.
putting this up for sale. I don't have a lot of experience in this arena. I'm sure I can figure out, but if you have any advise or input please let me know....Thank you !. I really appreciate it!
I look forward to seeing what some of my other rediscovered T's might be worth so look forward to hearing feedback on those as well, cheers
Hey I would be interested In buying, sent you a private message

rosebudd

Post by rosebudd »

@ Backdoorvintage

Got your message and Id be interested in talking more about possibly of selling. Unfortunately Im having difficulties figuring out how to send you a DM. User error? Apparently I'm part of the digital divide.
Holler back, thanks.