Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
QuinnDarcy

Thin Lizzy Showco 1977 US Tour Band & Crew Tee

Post by QuinnDarcy »

I’m aware that most things showco are worth a lot of money. Again I got this from a car boot sale and I’ve checked everything myself and I am certain it’s authentic. I have only found one listing on EBay for this shirt and it’s listed for $1500 with 17 watchers. Would just like a second opinion on whether this is a fair price.

Size Tag: Spruce
P2P - 19”
C2B - 24”
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Thin Lizzy Showco 1977 US Tour Band & Crew Tee

Post by jimmyj »

Sooooooo this may have been the case 10 years ago. But Showco is a tough call right now. It had a hype era, but that went along with the classic 70s 80s rock era, and these days, that entire genre is down. Case in point, Zeppelin tees, are really undervalued if you ask me.

I pulled the top selling showcos in the last 3 years, and you'd be surprised to learn there were numerous ones in the $100 range.

That tee won't sell for $1500 any time soon. A David Bowie Showco recently sold for $350.

I think it's prob more in the $250 to $400 range.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)