Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Not for Sale! Show off your personal stash of vintage t-shirts here.
TomOfThorsgarden

Some of my oldies that are still with me.

Post by TomOfThorsgarden »

The Survival Club
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Some of my oldies that are still with me.

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks for introducing us to your children. Awesome stash! Nice Metallica line up.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

TomOfThorsgarden

Glad they are with mee. And u Jimmy seem ’a to be a great Guy and a true a fan och music love’r

Thanks for your ur kind words regarding the shirts. Bad pics but band that put me forward.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Which t-shirts are you on the hunt for?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

TomOfThorsgarden

No one But suddenly a shirt with a band shows up. Then it different:)were more some kind collector 5-10 years ago. The market has changed, nothing i can do. But paying tha'e amounts, is for me like visit a church for a black metal band:) Money is not the biggest issue, but 500$ for a shirt that from the beginning were something extra for fans.

And then put them in a safe plastic something and store it. I dont if its true, but anyway. For me its a thing to collect but at same time use it. A record shall be played etc. When i put out the ones in the collage, my first feeling where , why? Probably a year ago i lately use white Doris. So today its comeback time:)

Also talked to a woman yesterday working in Social service in a place that is very important to me. She always say something about the shirts i were if the band is some she listen to. And she told that she watch shirts on internet 80-90 metal but didnt realize the cost of them.

Ask if there were some bands that she were searching. Motörhead, Metallica, Maiden. Today i gonna bring Sad but true, Where every i Roam, MOP and also one early Ghost BC Tobias printed just before the debute.

Then she can pick. Said it but the first thing she said. No u can make some good money selling on eBay. No one way selling to someone that collect for only collecting. Best example is Vestibule. Nothing rare but prices that is crazy.

Oops, but a common thing that my textes tend to be long ones talking music vs money:)

I have a shirt that is a dream i can say. But knowing i probably never gonna find it. Metallica - Damaged Inc from 86 tour, in the white version.

Then Misfits, Primal Scream and the Bands around NOLA scen is some examples that i would love some more shirts.

//Per
Last edited by TomOfThorsgarden on Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomOfThorsgarden

Met RTL

Here is a real funny sale id 3 years ago. Result including idiot stupid idiot, not a Metallica fan, i should bee in shame and onalmost banned from a Metallica group because i sold it to great guy i be :?: en talked to a lot.

When the group help me figure it the story it were an shirt that among MOP on mech sheet following the w first re release for the albums on Music for nation 1987. No one hade seen this one irl as i remember..

Prices in Pm were around 500-1000$. My price to my new found friend were maximum 100$. He first didnt accept it. But when after a week or 2 realised i were serious. Explain that money he couldt pay like the other ones. I didnt care, so ends up with a true feeling of joy. Packed i well and send it to the,land of dreams, USA , NY
Attachments

TomOfThorsgarden

Metallica last ones

*Edit. I search for 3/4 Raglan Doris version aswell. That one and the impossible White Damage Inc 86 tour* Trading is the thing

Here are the last ones i think. Metallica 11 years and Pushead were my first tru love. And the reason i start to buy shirts, printed before i was born.

MOP and Damage Inc are both from Solnahallen 86, Cliff last gig. But the only thing could tell that the story is true. The ticket and a scarf included in the package with the shirts. I gave away 15 years ago. But it were sitting down with the man who sold them watch photos and hear him telling stories about Metallica first years.

So money lost like usual. And more and more if show i shirt, the common thing i hear Im sorry dude, its a shame but tag is washed so maybe you gonna be a billion dollar guy with a own museum bl bla bla.

Probably true but still a funny thing. I believe my mom washed the shirt some times and later myself...that could a reason hahaha. And a conclusion is if i saved many of the ones during not wearing them keep them i good storage. The value of my wardrobe today would be a wardrobe with a few dollar. But that had made me depressed and felt the last 25 years of moments were a wardrobe a bunch of shirts that has no history

Funniest thing were the community surrounding it. And i had some opportunity to meet guys from my Swedish music history. Entombed, At the Gates, Hellacopters Tobias G Ghost BC for example.

Guys who started with tape trading.
Attachments