Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
blackfountain

soundgarden “black hole sun” legit check

Post by blackfountain »

was able to find this tee, but can’t really verify authenticity of it. 60cm ptp and 70cm length.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: soundgarden “black hole sun” legit check

Post by jimmyj »

Avoid. For the simple reason that the tag looks like it's been tampered with, which could have been done to disguise the fake tag.

These tees are on Brockum tags. Problem is, these are also on fake Brockum tags.

But I just found another one that's deadstock that is XL - 22".

Yours is over 23.5"

worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-deadstock-og-1994-soundgarden-1877996561

If you're going to spend $$ on this tee, your investment will go up in smoke, even if this is real, because of these red flags, no one will want to buy it from you.

These tees were also widely available in outlet stores at one point, so maybe that accounts for the print inconsistencies, but when I compared it to the one above - you'll notice several differences, notably the N.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)