Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Pyropolly0504

LC 1992 Nirvana sliver t shirt

Post by Pyropolly0504 »

Hello. Was wondering if anyone can check this for me. I’ve had the shirt for awhile and never second guessed it until recently. The shirt is obviously heavily faded and the print on the front is pretty worn out. The pit to pit measurement is 21.5” and the length from the top of the front collar/shoulder to the bottom of the shirt is 30”. I really appreciate any help or advice! Thank you
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: LC 1992 Nirvana sliver t shirt

Post by jimmyj »

To date I haven't seen a fake Giant Anvil tag...photo is a bit blurred....can you see any evidence the tag was tampered with? The measurements seem ok...maybe a touch small pit to pit wise for an XL. Just has a beautifully faded print.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Pyropolly0504

Post by Pyropolly0504 »

jimmyj wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:33 pm To date I haven't seen a fake Giant Anvil tag. And the measurements seem ok. Just has a beautiful fade on the print.
Thanks for the info! I had bought this one off a reliable eBay seller awhile back. The shirt does have a really cool fade. it’s difficult to capture in pics but in person it has a black/grey tone. I had someone offer to buy it recently but they seemed a bit hesitant about the authenticity without seeing it in person, which is understandable. After hearing that, I wanted to double check myself but I never had any doubts about it

Pyropolly0504

Post by Pyropolly0504 »

jimmyj wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:33 pm To date I haven't seen a fake Giant Anvil tag...photo is a bit blurred....can you see any evidence the tag was tampered with? The measurements seem ok...maybe a touch small pit to pit wise for an XL. Just has a beautifully faded print.
I double checked the pit to pit measurements and I was a bit off, it’s close to 22”. The tag doesn’t appear to be tampered with it is weaved and looks exactly the same as another giant anvil tag shirt (incesticide) that I have

Pyropolly0504

Post by Pyropolly0504 »

Here is a better pic of the tag and then another anvil tag just as a comparison
Attachments
side by side giant by anvil tags
side by side giant by anvil tags

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think you're good! congrats
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Pyropolly0504

Post by Pyropolly0504 »

Hey thank you!!! Much appreciated