Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Eduens

Asteroids Atari Tournament 1981 T-Shirt

Post by Eduens »

Hello,

I bought this t-shirt this morning and I was wondering if it was a t-shirt distributed at the tournament mentioned on it.

Thanks in advance
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Asteroids Atari Tournament 1981 T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Amazing tee. I did some digging, and it appears as though the t-shirts were given out at the competition - I attached one below. Oddly yours is different, from the other 3 I was able to find, and can't find an exact match for yours.

I'm not sure what the explanation for that, perhaps the other version was too hard to read due to the way the letters were printed and they did a follow up version that was a smaller run?

Either way I have zero questions as to authenticity, you just gotta dig for answers, the truth is out there! Hit some of the Atari forums!
Attachments
Asteroids Tournament 1981 Atari T-Shirt
Asteroids Tournament 1981 Atari T-Shirt
astroids_tournament_t_shirt.jpg (108.88 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Eduens

Post by Eduens »

Thank you for your reply.

I'll go to the Atari Forum and pass on any information here.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

awesome keep us posted!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

Eduens

Post by Eduens »

I hadn't noticed but there's no doubt that the organizers have the right design.

https://retrobitch.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... isco-1981/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

SO perhaps that's the explanation - your version is staff/crew? and the other was the giveaway?
Jimmy J

Eduens

Post by Eduens »

jimmyj wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:46 pm SO perhaps that's the explanation - your version is staff/crew? and the other was the giveaway?
No real information on the other model, maybe a test run based on the patch model.

Only one Frenchman (Antoine Vareille) took part in the event, so it could well be him who brought it back from the USA. ( All participants received a T-shirt )

I'm waiting for information from the person I bought the T-shirt from.

Edit : You may be right, the model may be different for the organizers. ( http://www.atariasteroids.net/archives/tag/tournament )
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

That would be awesome, make yours slightly more rare.
Jimmy J