Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
QuinnDarcy

King Crimson 1981 Halloween T-Shirt

Post by QuinnDarcy »

I can’t for the life of me find any information or images of this t-shirt. I picked it up at a car boot/garage sale and now I’m really curious about it. It’s a red King Crimson t-shirt from the 1981 Discipline tour, specifically from the Halloween show at Carnegie Mellon University. Do you think this was general merch sold at the gig, or could it have been a crew t-shirt? Any help would be appreciated!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: King Crimson 1981 Halloween T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Beauty! It's the concert staff's tee. I can't find a match for it. Probably $200+. It's not a boot, per se, as I've seen others comment on Reddit. The promoters would celebrate the gigs they did and sometimes put together their own tees, limited run for employees. And the bands, we're okay with it, unlike the bootleggers in the parking lots.
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)