Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
QuinnDarcy

Thin Lizzy The Black Rose Tour 1979 T-Shirt

Post by QuinnDarcy »

Found at a Car Boot/ Garage Sale and I’m positive it is authentic. The seller I bought from used to be a crew/ roadie for several bands in the 70-80s

Pit to Pit - 18”
Collar to Bottom - 26”

From my research the tag is Fruit of Loom (Unbranded) - RN 13765 which matches with that era.

Alongside this, the item is single stitch and the sizing is significantly smaller as to what we would class as a large. Anyways I have tried to find an equivalent of this tee online but all I can find is reprints and no sales for the original. What price do you think this would fetch? How rare is it?

Also, I bought several other seemingly rare items from this seller from bands like Thin Lizzy, Rush, Motörhead, King Crimson, The Ramones etc. so if you want me to upload and wouldn’t mind appraising all them it would be highly appreciated :)
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Thin Lizzy The Black Rose Tour 1979 T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Beauty. No question as to authenticity. Size is always the limiting factor of these 70s and 80s tees. But I did find a few TL tees in the $500 range from that era. Couldn't find this exact print tho. The only Black Rose ones were clearly reprints from the 90s.

I would price it at $500 with offers and see what rolls in. Prob land at at least $250.

Sure, up em all! Love to see these hauls!
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

QuinnDarcy

Post by QuinnDarcy »

Okay I will do so in a couple of hours just have some work to finish! I have already had an offer for this tee at £200/ $260, so I’m presuming I could push for a bit more if I wanted. Do you agree?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Through eBay? How long ago did you post it?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

QuinnDarcy

Post by QuinnDarcy »

No, I posted on a forum called tshirtslayer which is made for showing off your collections, buying & selling memorabilia etc. I only listed it yesterday evening.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

ahh nice. It's always good to try eBay too, price it high with offers, see what nibbles you get.
Jimmy J