Plan on selling your vintage tee? Use our consignment program and keep up to 80% of the profit!

Learn more: www.defunkd.com/vintage-t-shirt-consignment-program
Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
miggys_picks

Weapon X overload Liquid Blue tag

Post by miggys_picks »

I can’t tell if this is legit or fake or even bootleg. The printing is way better than any bootleg I’ve seen but the tag is throwing me off. Even though it is the correct size for a large liquid blue
Pit to pit: 22”
Length: 27”
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Weapon X overload Liquid Blue tag

Post by jimmyj »

If this is fake then we are all in big trouble! Convincingly, pulling off a fake of an intricate print like that would be nearly impossible.

The tag doesn't match the one in our fake archive. What concerns you about it? The texture?
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

miggys_picks

Post by miggys_picks »

jimmyj wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:40 am If this is fake then we are all in big trouble! Convincingly, pulling off a fake of an intricate print like that would be nearly impossible.

The tag doesn't match the one in our fake archive. What concerns you about it? The texture?
The only thing that concerns me is the I seen reprints be done really well of this exact print and it’s the tag seems so crisp to me I just got suspicious. It’s really hard for me to see the difference from an authentic Liquid blue tag with a fake

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Here's the fake LB tag, though this is at least a few years old, still waiting for the next generation.

The colors of the swirls are off - in the fake version they are all too dark, and the texture in the swirls gets muted.

The 22" does seem a touch big for a chest, BUT it also looks like it's never been washed?
Attachments
fake LB tag
fake LB tag
Jimmy J

(Please note: Legit checks I do in this forum should not be considered 100% conclusive; I'm simply giving a gut reaction based on the limited information provided.)

miggys_picks

Post by miggys_picks »

jimmyj wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:30 pm Here's the fake LB tag, though this is at least a few years old, still waiting for the next generation.

The colors of the swirls are off - in the fake version they are all too dark, and the texture in the swirls gets muted.

The 22" does seem a touch big for a chest, BUT it also looks like it's never been washed?
Maybe it wasn’t wash from the original seller. I’ll double check the measurements when I get back home, but that would explain why the tag was so crisp to begin with

miggys_picks

Post by miggys_picks »

I talked to the seller and he told me he didn’t wash it before and had it for a while and it came in great shape