Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
maxvintage

Re: "Item Not Received" HELP!

Post by maxvintage »

I just wanted to bump this up as I have gotten a lot of international interest recently. Especially Taiwan, Malaysia, and Thailand. Is it always good to do delivery confirmation when shipping internationally just as a safety measure? I know there's a lot of business to be had over there and I really don't want to turn away any customers, but I also don't want to end up screwed.

Thanks!

Frank

Post by Frank »

I have to block Malaysia and Thailand. There aren't enough seller protections to make it worth the risk. The past 4 items I've sent there have been "lost" in the mail.

oscar

Post by oscar »

Blocking Malaysia? Ouch! If you have anything rayon to sell, sell it to me and I'll send it to them!

Frank

Post by Frank »

So my one guy in Malaysia who didn't receive an item got it after 7 weeks and left positive feedback, luckily. Shipping to these locations under these new rules is just not worth the hassle unless they pay for express shipping.

oscar

Post by oscar »

Yeah, ebay sucks all around. I don't like to use it much. I haven't had a bad experience on etsy yet (knock on wood), and I get a LOT of international customers, ratio wise.